- Share this! Another #3dprinted development for our students -and for http://3dprinting.org/3dnews/verticals,technology/layer/article/details…
- TECHSHOP INCLUDES 3D PRINTING TECHNOLOGY FOR THE MASSES http://3dprinting.org/3dnews/verticals,3d-education/layer/article/details,297,techsh…
- BRAINPOP: Online fun for young brainiacs: http://3dprinting.org/3dnews/layer/article/details,331,brainpop-online-fun-for-young-brainiacs
- STEAM is rising in Virginia schools : http://3dprinting.org/3dnews/verticals,3d-education/layer/article/details,332,steam-is-rising-in-virg…
- Something new is coming to 3DPrinting.org. A new focus on education and placing a 3D Printer in every school that wants one. Stay tuned!
3D printing trends in the dental industry are mainly in the areas of waxing, models, and orthodontics. The 3D printers provide investment ready wax-ups to quality plastic models. Dentists and labs could benefit by having 3D printers doing some of their time consuming procedures.
Any person involved in the dental industry owes it to themselves to make a further study of 3D printers and the role it will play in the future of dentistry. In an article by Deloitte they explain the history, impact and growth estimates of 3D printing. They expect growth of 300% from 2012-2020.
Imagine coming into your office without the worry of who will be calling in sick. Do you have a high turnover rate? Forget about the expensive and time consuming process of finding capable help. For dental entrepreneurs, you may want to consider some of these 3D printers.
- Orthodontics-high quality models and custom appliances.
- Dentists-investment ready full posterior crowns and copings.
- Dental labs-waxing, plastic models and laser sintering.
A dental business that utilizes the 3D printers will have lower labor costs, a faster way of making products and quality you can depend on.
How will the 3D printers change the future of dentistry? Trends indicate that they are being used by many businesses and growth is expected to climb. The benefits of these technologies are too great to ignore. Whether you are looking at it from a dentist's point of view, a dental laboratory, or a dental supplier, the impact it can have on your business can be profound.