- Share this! Another #3dprinted development for our students -and for http://3dprinting.org/3dnews/verticals,technology/layer/article/details…
- TECHSHOP INCLUDES 3D PRINTING TECHNOLOGY FOR THE MASSES http://3dprinting.org/3dnews/verticals,3d-education/layer/article/details,297,techsh…
- BRAINPOP: Online fun for young brainiacs: http://3dprinting.org/3dnews/layer/article/details,331,brainpop-online-fun-for-young-brainiacs
- STEAM is rising in Virginia schools : http://3dprinting.org/3dnews/verticals,3d-education/layer/article/details,332,steam-is-rising-in-virg…
- Something new is coming to 3DPrinting.org. A new focus on education and placing a 3D Printer in every school that wants one. Stay tuned!
Does your Dental Lab need a 3D printer? That depends on what your future goals are for your business. Transforming into a 3D printing dental lab is a must for a technology based business.
What is a 3D printer?
The 3D printers in the Lab do waxing, laser-sintering, and plastic molds, and can reduce the need for time consuming milling procedures.
The wax patterns are hard at room temperature and are made up of a real wax and plastic resin material. The patterns are hot and are cured with a UV lamp.
Sales have been somewhat slow on the 3D model printers so you will want to do your homework on those. Perhaps a CAD/CAM or other 3D printer could be more beneficial to your business.
Advantages of using a 3D printer:
- Lower labor costs
- Consistent Quality
Some things to consider when buying a 3D printer are costs, training, and warranties. Other things include materials, resolutions, production capacity and data file inputs.
One thing you may want to do is to perform a return on investment (ROI) on the piece of equipment. With so many of the systems out there you want to take the time to make a good decision.
The topic of technology is a controversial one within the dental laboratory industry. One thing we can agree on is the rapid pace of change that is occurring in the field. Every owner should try to educate themselves on 3D printing and CAD/CAM to see how it could help them in their business.