- Share this! Another #3dprinted development for our students -and for http://3dprinting.org/3dnews/verticals,technology/layer/article/details…
- TECHSHOP INCLUDES 3D PRINTING TECHNOLOGY FOR THE MASSES http://3dprinting.org/3dnews/verticals,3d-education/layer/article/details,297,techsh…
- BRAINPOP: Online fun for young brainiacs: http://3dprinting.org/3dnews/layer/article/details,331,brainpop-online-fun-for-young-brainiacs
- STEAM is rising in Virginia schools : http://3dprinting.org/3dnews/verticals,3d-education/layer/article/details,332,steam-is-rising-in-virg…
- Something new is coming to 3DPrinting.org. A new focus on education and placing a 3D Printer in every school that wants one. Stay tuned!
Have your patients ever complained that brushing their teeth takes far too much time? If so, perhaps you should offer them the Blizzdent toothbrush. As one of the latest developments in 3D printing for the dental industry, this toothbrush allows patients to thoroughly and evenly brush their teeth in only a few seconds by using a 3D-printed instrument.
This 3D toothbrush is created exclusively for each patient right in your own dental clinic. First, you will take impressions of the individual’s mouth, and then send those impressions to the Blizzdent company. After receiving these impressions, Blizzdent will then create a custom toothbrush designed especially for that person, and then ship it back to your office. The process of creating a Blizzdent toothbrush currently takes around 12 weeks to complete, and the cost for this product is around $300 initially.
Blizzdent looks remarkably different than a regular toothbrush, as it more closely resembles a mouth guard with bristles. Rather than using a back and forth or up and down motion to brush the teeth, all that’s required is for people to bite down on the surface of the Blizzdent toothbrush and then gently grind the teeth. This will result in a thorough cleaning that can take as little as six seconds.
A Blizzdent toothbrush is expected to last for around one year, after which time your patient may purchase a replacement for around $159. Although this price tag may seem hefty, if it results in people having better oral hygiene, the cost is well worth it. As such, you may want to market Blizzdent as a preventative measure to those who are at risk of developing dental caries due to poor oral hygiene habits.
This 3D-printed toothbrush is just one of the many dental marvels that’s currently being made available.